THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE SEIZE THE DAY 2020 A VIRTUAL SUCCESS!
We look forward to seeing you all for a post-race celebration when we are permitted to host public events!
We are excited to host Seize the Day virtually this year!
If you’d like to participate in our virtual race and receive a race t-shirt (when events to the public are resumed, of course), sign up here: www.runsignup.com/seizetheday
For those of you who have already registered, we will send you an email with more information on the virtual race.
Our team competitions are still taking place, below are the prizes.
Virtual Seize the Day Frequently Asked Questions
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is an event that can be completed by participants anywhere they are over a range of time. For Seize the Day 2020, we encourage you to complete the race between 8 am – 2 pm on March 28th at your residence and post your results in our “Virtual Seize the Day” Facebook group and on all your social media profiles. You can post your team t-shirts, your team stories, team signs, and any spirit items you have for Seize the Day to the group. On March 28, 2020, we will go live on Instagram and Facebook at 9 am CT to kick off our virtual race and encourage you to go live on your social media, as well post your stories in the “Virtual Seize the Day” Facebook group. Please follow restrictions by your local, state, and national authorities and the CDC guidelines for COVID-19 when conducting your virtual race https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
How do I participate?
All participants must register at www.runsignup.com/seizetheday, once you register you will be emailed a link to our “Virtual Seize the Day” Facebook Group where EAL will be hosting our virtual race on March 28, 2020. We are looking at a team video chat with an online platform for participants on the day of as well, more information to come.
What if I already registered for Seize the Day?
If you already registered for Seize the Day you should have received an email with the details for joining the private Facebook Group and how to participate. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or have not received the link.
Will there be results tracking?
We will have photo albums in our “Virtual Seize the Day” Facebook group for the 1 mile and 5k for you to post your race results via a picture of a completed distance from a tracking device. This can be your Fitbit, apple watch, Garmin, mapmyrun app on your phone, etc. If you do not have Facebook please send your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 pm CT to have your results counted for a medal. We will award medals to the overall top male and female finisher for the 1 mile & 5K. You must be registered for the race at www.runsignup.com/seizetheday to be eligible to win.
Are there race medals?
We do have race medals!
Here are the awards we will be handing out once we are able to resume public events. The finisher awards will be determined based on picture proof and the spirit awards will be selected by EAL’s Seize the Day Event Committee. You must be registered for the race at www.runsignup.com/seizetheday to be eligible to win.
- Top Virtual Race Finisher Awards
- Overall Top 1 Mile – Female/Male Finisher
- Overall Top 5K – Female/Male Finisher
- Spirit Awards
- Best All-Around
- This award is for the individual that engages on social media, completes the race and posts results, and overall went above and beyond to make Virtual Seize the Day an awesome experience!
- #1 Cheerleader
- Post pictures on social media and tag EAL’s accounts, post in our Facebook group, like and comment on other people’s posts about the race. We will be looking for our biggest cheerleader and support as our #1 Cheerleader this year.
- Best Virtual Race Video
- Please be sure to be creative and have fun with your virtual race videos. We will be watching!
- Best All-Around
We will announce winners at 2:30 pm CT on March 28, 2020, on Facebook and Instagram. As well as via email later in the day. We will pass out medals as soon as we are able to resume public events or ship them if you are not in the local area.
Here is a picture of the medal you could win!
Are there still team competitions? What are the prizes?
YES!!!! Our competitions and prize details are below.
- Team with the Most Participants – Wins a Buffalo Wild Wings Party & Main Event Family Package
- Contest ends March 27, 2020, at 11:59 PM. Race participants must register on the team when they submit their race registration or they won’t be counted for the team. The Team Captain will receive the prize.
- The Individual Who Raises the Most Money – Wins a trip for two for 3 days and 2 nights in Las Vegas*
- Contest ends March 27, 2020, at 11:59 PM. The Team Captain will receive the prize. Three Days, Two Nights at the Excalibur Hotel & Casino, Luxor, Tropicana, Resort & Casino, Gold Coast Casino, Circus Circus Hotel & Casino or The Orleans. Bonus Destinations Include: Lake Tahoe, Reno, And Biloxi. Taxes and fees have been paid. Transportation is the winner’s responsibility. Winner has until September 2021 to use the certificate.
- The Best Team T-Shirt – Wins a Trophy
- Contest ends March 27, 2020, at 11:59 PM. The winner is determined by most likes on their t-shirt picture in the Facebook group. We will deliver the trophy Team Captain when it is safe to resume public events.
Do I get a refund if I already registered for Seize the Day?
Your registration fee is a donation to Epilepsy Alliance Louisiana (EAL)! We thank you for your donation to helping those with Epilepsy. EAL raises funds for epilepsy programs and services in Louisiana! As stated in our refund policy listed on our Seize the Day website, EAL does not offer refunds. We are happy to send you a donation letter for tax purposes, please contact us at email@example.com if you’d like a letter or have questions.
When will I get my race T-shirt?
If you are part of a team, your Team Captains will receive a Swag Box in the mail with your shirt.
If you are not part of a team, you will receive your shirt when we are able to host public events again. The T-Shirt does not have the date of the race just 2020, so you can wear it all year long!! See the design below.